22.214.171.124: Tracking of focus and selection attributes
Where software provides a user interface it shall, by using the services as described in clause 126.96.36.199, make information and mechanisms necessary to track focus, text insertion point, and selection attributes of user interface elements programmatically determinable by assistive technologies.
|Type of compliance||Inspection and testing
- The software evaluated is software that provides a user interface.
- There are user interface elements that enable text editing.
- Check that the user interface element's information includes a mechanism to track focus, text insertion point and selection attributes.
- Check that this information is programmatically determinable by assistive technologies.
- Activate those tracking mechanisms.
- As a user, use the text editing functionality in the evaluated software product.
- Check that the tracking of focus, text insertion point and selection attributes work.
||Pass: Checks 2 and 5 are true
Fail: Check 1 or 5 is false