188.8.131.52: Platform accessibility service support for software that provides a user interface
Platform software shall provide a set of documented platform services that enable software that provides a user interface running on the platform software to interoperate with assistive technology.
Platform software should support requirements 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 except that, where a user interface concept that corresponds to one of the clauses 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 is not supported within the software environment, these requirements are not applicable. For example, selection attributes from 126.96.36.199 (Modification of focus and selection attributes) may not exist in environments that do not allow selection, which is most commonly associated with copy and paste.
- These define the minimum functionality of software providing user interfaces when using platform services.
- In some platforms these services may be called accessibility services, but in some other platforms these services may be provided as part of the user interface services.
- User interface services that provide accessibility support by default are considered to be part of the services provided to conform to this clause (i.e. the service for creating a new user interface element provides role, state, boundary, name and description).
- To comply with this requirement the platform software can provide its own set of services or expose the services provided by its underlying platform layers, if those services conform to this requirement.
- Within specific programming environments, the technical attributes associated with the user interface properties described in clauses 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 might have different names than those used within the clauses.
|Type of compliance||Inspection|
|Result||Pass: Check 1 is true
Fail: Check 1 is false