18.104.22.168: Platform accessibility service support for assistive technologies
Platform software shall provide a set of documented platform accessibility services that enable assistive technology to interoperate with software that provides a user interface running on the platform software.
Platform software should support the requirements of clauses 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 except that, where a user interface concept that corresponds to one of the clauses 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 is not supported within the software environment, these requirement are not applicable. For example, selection attributes from 220.127.116.11 (Modification of focus and selection attributes) may not exist in environments that do not allow selection, which is most commonly associated with copy and paste.
- These define the minimum functionality available to assistive technologies when using platform services.
- The definition of platform in 3.1 applies to software that provides services to other software, including but not limited to, operating systems, internet browsers, virtual machines.
- In some platforms these services may be called accessibility services, but in some other platforms these services may be provided as part of the user interface services.
- Typically these services belong to the same set of services that are described in clause 18.104.22.168.
- To comply with this requirement the platform software can provide its own set of services or expose the services provided by its underlying platform layers, if those services conform to this requirement.
|Type of compliance||Inspection|
|Result||Pass: Check 1 is true
Fail: Check 1 is false