18.104.22.168: Language of software
Where ICT is non-web software that provides a user interface which is closed to assistive technologies for screen reading, it shall meet requirement 22.214.171.124 (Spoken languages).
Clause 126.96.36.199 requires information to be in a programmatically determinable form in order for the language of software to be determined. Clause 188.8.131.52 addresses the need to ensure that the user is presented with information in an appropriate language.
|Type of compliance||Testing
- ICT is non-web software that provides a user interface.
- he user interface is closed to assistive technologies for screen reading.
- The speech output is provided as non-visual access to closed functionality.
- The speech output is not proper names, technical terms, words of indeterminate. language, and words or phrases that have become part of the vernacular of the immediately surrounding text.
- The content is not generated externally and is under the control of the ICT vendor.
- The displayed languages can be selected using non-visual access.
- The user has not selected a speech language that is different from the language of the displayed content.
- Check that the speech output is in the same human language of the displayed content provided.
||Pass: Check 1 is true
Fail: Check 1 is false